Monday, January 22, 2007

Welcome to the blog!

Hi,

I'm new to this blogging lark, so bear with me! But if your average primary school kid can do it, I shall not be beaten!

So, what's brought me here? Well, as the name of the blog suggests, eco stuff. I've been thinking more and more about our impact on the environment and the implications this has for the future and I guess you could say I've had a bit of an epiphany over the last 8-9 months or so. And I thought it might be quite fun to write about and maybe give some ideas to those of you who are perhaps thinking about becoming a bit greener...

Let me start off by saying I'm no tree-hugger and I don't pretend to be green through and through with a carbon footprint the size of my little finger. I suppose you could say that I'm eco-aware and do what I can (within reason) to do my bit. But equally I don't eschew long haul flights (hard core environmentalists stop reading now!) as the best way to travel to far flung places as I believe the world is too exciting and life too short not to experience as many different things and countries as you can. Plus, frankly, I can't afford to spend 6 months sailing the globe on a round the world cruise!

I'm going to do little chapters in my blog about things I've tried so far and what I think about them, and maybe answer some of the questions I'd have liked to have known the answer to. I'm not here to zealously convert anyone, or admonish anyone, just to offer (I hope) a light-hearted diary of my efforts to be greener. From time to time my friends might contribute too, so you might see a few different names on here!

I am grateful to myriad other bloggers, chat boards and websites which I've accessed over the months to find out about products and services, and where I can remember their addresses I will put them in. For those that I forget, I'm sorry to have left you out, but please feel free to put contact details in the comments section of the blog.

Thanks for reading,
J

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I shall link you to my homepage idc! Don't forget to use the powersave feature on your laptop!