Friday, March 23, 2007

Daily pinta - at work!

Milk and orange juice deliveries to our home are proving very successful. I still get a bit excited seeing the bottles huddled up on the doorstep twice a week! Perhaps I need to get out more....!

Anyway, the place where I work has just moved offices. Myself and a friend run the tea club, and we were forever lugging big bottles of supermarket milk to work to feed the voracious thirsts of our colleagues.

So I got thinking...and put our new office postcode into the Dairy Crest website (www.dairycrest.co.uk). Hey presto - it's on a local delivery route! So, just like I'd done for home, I wizzed off our order via the website, and 5 days later 6 pints of milk were waiting outside the main entrance when the first person got to work! It's early days yet, and it may take some tweaking to ensure the regular order meets our needs, but so far so good. An added bonus is that the tea club can pay by direct debit, so no risk of cheques left in bottles outside overnight going AWOL. And who knows, it may even make some of my colleagues explore the possibility of using their own local milkman.

Now, I wonder what the reaction would be if we introduced fair trade tea and coffee into the tea club... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks acwo!

J