Saturday, February 24, 2007

Adverts

Has anyone seen the current KFC 'family bucket' advert? 'Look you can get all this processed, fried, brown gunk for sixpence and give mum the night off cooking...'. It's the end bit that got me so angry when I saw it for the first time: the final boast is that all the packaging is disposable, cue footage of the whole lot being swept into the bin at the end of the ad...paper cartons, cups, wrappers...

To my mind, this is criminal as we approach global environmental meltdown. Surely this kind of statement can't be considered acceptable in 2007?! I'm going to write to the Advertising Standards Agency (www.asa.org.uk) and see if I get any response...

UPDATE 17/03/07: I'm not the only one to be mad about this ad - Nick at Enviroblah has also blogged about it! There is a link to his blog from mine.

Referring back to my 'One for the Girls' blog, I've also recently seen ads for Always Ultra 'with silk'...Hello?! Silk?! It's almost as bad as scented tampons. Come on girls - we don't need this nonsense!

No comments: